Happy Monday, friends!
Less than one week until we get the keys to our new place! Excited doesn’t even begin to cover it, but I’m such a bizarre combination or eager to start and not knowing where that I feel a little paralyzed. Sigh…
I was thinking about it and it’s a good thing I’m on vacation this week since all my work besties are away. And that’s depressing. Partly because they’re away and, well, I’m not. Partly because I’d be lost there without them. One is in San Diego via Las Vegas, one is in Mexico, one is in Hawaii. Thankfully, one is on maternity leave which means she is nearby and my time off will allow me some quality time with her and her gorgeous little five-month old.
I’m on vacation and we were supposed to be away now. This is the second trip we have had to cancel this year – not something I’m comfortable doing. In fact, as I’ve found out, cancelling travel is pretty low down on the list of things I’d like to do. We should be visiting friends and family in Ontario right now. Unfortunately, with planning a move and a wedding within three months of each other, staying home was unavoidable. 🙁
It snowed here again yesterday. I think we’ve all lost track of our snowpocalypses. And, though it’s just one particularly bad winter, it’s hard to not wonder if things are changing. We’d feel differently, I’m sure, if we hadn’t been living in this apartment that turns into a prison cell the second the snowflakes start falling. Maybe we’d be less annoyed/tormented/exasperated. I’ve actually been awfully lucky. I’ve had time off booked for almost every workday snowfall all year! So, while it is annoying, I haven’t been overly inconvenienced. This time yesterday, they were predicting about eight snow days out of the next ten. Now, they’ve back it off. Phew!
But now I have a week off and all to myself. Kevin is working and my plans are intentionally minimal. I have a few projects that I would like to work on and a few fun things to focus the rest of me time. (This blog probably reads like I write a lot of lists, but I don’t. I swear.)
- Clean up my Goodreads Currently Reading bookshelf. I have way too many partially finished and even just started titles on that right now.
- Order wedding invitations. Oh my word. This is turning it the longest, most drawn out ordeal.
- Choose cakes to taste. This might be my favourite part of wedding planning so far.
- Watch Big Little Lies. I blasted through the book over the past week and I quite enjoyed it. Now, to put the HBO version to the test…
- Watch Riverdale. I have to admit, the hype definitely has me intrigued.
- Cook. Spending time in the kitchen is tough when you’re out of the house 60+ hours a week for work. I need to get reacquainted time food that is made at home.
- Pack. Of course. This is mandatory.
Fun or not, what are you up to this week? What do you hope to accomplish before next weekend?