May! Can you believe it?
Hey guys… it’s May.
— Justin Timberlake (@jtimberlake) May 1, 2017
Evidently, I’m not the only one.
The last day of April was really beautiful and warm here and that’s a really nice way to get motivated for some springtime health-related goals: getting moving often, eating better, sleeping more, etc. Here at our house, we are taking advantage of that short-lived sunny inspiration (it was raining again today) and challenging ourselves to meet some goals of our own as well as some shared goals for the month.
Let’s get right into it. Here are the things we’ll do this month.
- Minimal use of the car – we moved literally an elevator ride away from the Skytrain so we wanted to challenge ourselves to take advantage of that and use the car as little as possible this month – Kevin gets a bit hung up with lacrosse travel (and trust me, nobody wants to encounter him and his equipment on a long bus ride) so that will account for some exceptions as the seasons get underway
- 10k steps per day – 310000 steps in total
- Run 25km – regular routine has continued to be a challenge
- Finish five books – finishing two has been a breeze so far this year so I’m going to up my game for this month
- Create an altar – I have this great space in our office/den and I really want to take advantage of that by getting spiritual
- Develop morning ritual – including the above-mentioned altar
- Study tarot – I haven’t spent much time with my deck this year
- Focus on weekly food prep – it just makes this so much easier and with local veggies and fruits coming soon, there will be more to choose from
- Ride our bikes!
- Start up our Walking Vancouver explorations again for the summer
- Start planning a summer road trip
- Unpack our final few boxes
What’s got you excited for May? Do you have exciting plans for this month?