Or #FabFeb as I’m about to start calling it. Back in #AwesomeAugust, I committed to posting a picture sharing gratitude on social media every day. After a sick start to 2017, a stressful month at the office and the no news is good news (as in none of the news I see is ever remotely enjoyable) feeling of late, I need a little pick-me-up.
So, I’m starting February with a couple of projects: minimalism and daily gratitude (follow along on Instagram.) I contemplated committing to ten thousand steps a day, but the way things have been going lately, that feels like a set up for automatic failure. I hope that having a few daily tasks to keep in mind will help pull me out of foggy January and into one of my two favourite months.
FEBRUARY! YOU’RE HERE! I’VE MISSED YOU!
I skipped January, but I’m getting back to my practice of posting a wishlist of things to do for fun, enjoyment and/or for personal challenge each month – the things we’ll do this month. Here goes.
- Road trip to Vancouver, Washington – a weekend with our favourites (which I just found out from a woman in the elevator is in jeopardy because of the looming stupid, stupid snow and limited cat care under those circumstances)
- Super Bowl. FEATURING THE FALCONS. Rise up, errbody!
- Make and send Valentines
- Nate Bargatze! In Vancouver!
- Run 25km – our routine never recovered from the snow we had in December (see above comment about the looming stupid, stupid snow)
- Order change of address cards AND wedding invitations
- Make plans for a weekend check out at our wedding venue, organize meetings with flower vendors, cake makers, hairdressers (?)
- Secure officiant and photographer (amazing people who we are lucky to already know…)
- Finish reading two books
On paper it doesn’t seem like a whole heck of a lot, but in reality, it feels like plenty.
You have to stick around for a few minutes, but the tiger jokes at the end are everything.
So, what does February have in store for you? Or, better, what do you have in store for February?