Well, March was pretty tied up with two things: wedding cancellation and moving. I know, I know. I feel like a broken record as much as I’m sure I sound like one. You’re thinking, “We get it, Carly, you moved.” But, in just 2.5 short years, I had totally forgotten how all consuming moving can be. Sure, at the start, it’s fun and it’s exciting, but it gets nitpicky and tedious after a while. A short while. Don’t get me wrong, I still like it. I’d just forgotten how much work goes into it.
Things we did this month:
- sorted through all of our belongings – every last thing
- packed all of said belongings into boxes
- transported full boxes between old place and new place
- found places for full boxes to remain situated
I’ve barely unpacked, but that’s a spoiler for April.
Kishimoto is worth the trip (and the line-up)
Things we were supposed to do…
- Start tomato seeds – YES! And it isn’t too late for you to do the same. It’s optimal to get them planted by April 15th. Click that link for my tutorial on growing my favourite West Coast Seeds tomato variety.
- Celebrate St Patrick’s Day – Nah. This ended up being the first night we stayed in the new place so after long days at work, moving the cats and setting up an air mattress in the living room, celebration was limited to take out from Browns (which they got all wrong anyway – grrrrr)
- Visit the library – Nope.
- Run 25km – Hahahahahaha.
- Clear out my remote garden – I believe that this got done, but it wasn’t by me.
- Order wedding invitations – What’s the opposite of this? I think we did it.
- Secure wedding photographer – I did! And then I undid.
- Read two books – Yup.
- Plan first dinner party in the new place – Not yet…
- Write! Write! Write! – Yes and no. Yes, I wrote, but not as much as I’d have liked.
It was a tough month for goals because we were working long days and then spending our evenings running back and forth between places. When mornings rolled around, we were too tired to get out and get moving before heading to the office and we were so short on time, we survived on take out mostly. Ugh. March was a bully of a month, but here were some highlights.
- Got a diagnosis for our sweet coughing cat (asthma) and learned how to use a cat inhaler. (Not even a joke. At all.)
- Read (and watched most of) Big Little Lies. (Great book, okay series that is redeemed in the final episode.)
- Found out about, hunted down and bought
someall (okay, except the umbrella) of the Avril Loreti patio collection from Canadian Tire.
- Joined the launch team for Danielle LaPorte‘s new book, White Hot Truth.
- Set up our BRAND NEW and FIRST EVER barbecue!
- Ate the best sushi I’ve ever had with some of my favourite company.
- Squeezed in one more snowshoeing trip before the end of the season.
- Bought, sent and loved our change of address notices from Minted.
What made your March marvelous?