For the longest time, I’ve wanted to start doing roundup posts, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it for the dumbest reason of all – I couldn’t come up with a name. See? Ridiculous. But in complete honesty, this isn’t even the first time not having a good name has prevented me from doing something. Yes, seriously.
So, in the spirit of writing more, I decided to just get out of my own damn way and do it. Now, here we are. And here are five of my favourite things right now.
- Astro-Wellness Insights for February. I love Stephanie Gailing. I love The Fold. I love astrology and wellness. There was nothing for me to shy away from here. These horoscopes for the month are insightful, realistic and even include a few key dates for each sign. Check yours now so you don’t miss anything!
- Back on Track Green Monster smoothies. This recipe is an oldie, but a goodie. I don’t usually follow a recipe when I make a smoothie – just toss a bunch of stuff into the Vitamix and it always comes out okay. This, though, this Oh She Glows recipe makes a perfect green drink for anytime when you’re feeling like you’ve indulged a little too much or simply that you want to get back on track. With protein powder, it gets a pretty creamy feel. For the feeling that you’re drinking a straight up garden, do it without.
- Crystal yoga mat tote. I discovered this beauty of a bag in store at a local Chapters a few weeks ago and I fell in love. Okay, I’m one for bags. Not purses. Bags. Big bags into which you could stuff a weekend’s worth of clothes or a stack of books or a weekend full of clothes AND a stack of books. Overnight bags make me feel like adventure is afoot and there isn’t much that peaks my interest as much as the possibility of adventure. And even though they call it a yoga mat tote, travel is what this bag made me feel. And I love the crystal print because they’ve always been my jam, but the dark grey version is pretty cute, too.
- Think Dirty app. I’ve been trying to clean up my act when it comes to the products I use on my body for years. This app lets me type in the name of a product or even just scan the barcode and then spits out the product’s rating on their “dirty meter.” It even breaks the ratings down into three different categories: carcinogenicity, developmental & reproductive toxicity and allergies and immunotoxicities. The app enables you to like products, add them to your shelves and even shop. The only downside is that I’ve had to toss a few products I was sure were clean in the process of scanning my way through my bathroom cupboard.
- Woven Pear socks. I found a few pairs in my Christmas stocking and they are the bee’s knees, especially the Need Narwhals. (I also got Mmm Donuts and Copy Cat.) I love wearing my socks pulled up because I like compression around my ankles and calves. Woven Pear makes that cute and comfy. Their socks are high quality and wear really well. It’s just icing on the cake that the designs are freaking adorable. (They even have a sockscription available!)
What are you crushing on these days?