Well, April was another utter failure at hitting my goals. That isn’t to say we didn’t enjoy the month and the emerging sunny weather – we most certainly did. It just means that the things I’d planned didn’t actually materialize. And so it goes. April felt like a lull while we waited to move on to true spring.
THINGS WE’LL DO THIS MONTH: May 2019
Goal setting is fun. It’s great motivation to sit down and hash out the things we want to do and fantasize about the roads that will take us there. When we talk about goals, we talk about money and career and real estate and competition, but we rarely talk about good, old-fashioned leisure. What I’ve found is that having some fun and light-hearted goals is a nice way to interrupt the monotony and drudgery of obligation. Month to month, I will publish a list of things I would like to do during the month ahead. Of course, this list doesn’t take the place of all of my standard goals related to health, wellness, money and spirituality, but I reserve the right to, in some cases, blur the lines.
- Bake a cake for Mother’s Day
- Prepare for summer gardening: decide what to plant, start seeds, refresh soil in balcony pots, transplant seedlings
- Create more blackout poetry
- Hit my step goal more days than not
- Create The Worthy Project collage (from episode 50 of Spiritualish podcast) (I carried this over from last month because despite the fact that I didn’t do it, it is really important to me)
- Go hiking
- Do the Seawall
- Make seed balls
- Visit the Planetarium
- Plan family portraits
- Start planning trips to Toronto and Vegas
- Decide whether we can squeeze another trip into the year
- Answer the question: should I do Rock n Rock Seattle?
What do you have planned for the month ahead? What are you looking forward to?