This month marks the three year anniversary of my things we’ll do this month lists. I don’t know if it’s that or if it’s a combination including the New Moon from yesterday, but I feel a deep need to recommit to it, not just making a list and then forgetting about it. If I take it back to its roots, the idea behind the whole exercise was a grasp at slowing time down, putting focus on the things that nourish us instead of busting our asses all week long to just coast through an entire weekend without doing anything meaningful. It’s mindfulness, really, and I need a good dose of that just now.
THINGS WE’LL DO THIS MONTH: August 2019
- Go swimming in the ocean – I’ve been dreaming about this and when I close my eyes I can feel the current
- Ride our bikes ????
- Have a picnic
- Get a spray tan
- Start Christmas shopping – I know, I know, but I always leave it until the end and then never get to enjoy it because I’m so wound up about it
- Organize fall travel
- Instagram August – this one is for Hillary and I don’t really know what it means, but basically the idea is to give Instagram a real shot
- Plan a getaway in September
- Plan a celebratory dinner (the celebration is a secret at the moment)